- I'm a down to earth guy and like to keep things simple.
- A lot of people tell me that I'm good at explaining things, especially things that feel complicated.
- When I taught Algebra at UWM for a semester as a TA, I got a lot of good feedback from my students, AND all my students who put in the time and did the work I asked of them passed the course.
- I'm a big fan of getting straight to what a student needs to know to get a good grade, and to build a strong mind to get there, I find that students benefit from learning and practicing the type of thought process that helps them find the right answer every time.
- I used to work at MathWorks as an Application Engineer so I am very familiar with MATLAB and Simulink. I did a lot of public speaking, so I have a lot of experience I can share about speaking in front of small or large groups whether from a script or free-form and managing interactions with the audience. While at MathWorks, I worked remotely so I am quite familiar with online presentations, i.e. online lessons and working remotely.
- I have a Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering from the Naval Academy and a Masters in Mechanical Engineering from the Naval Postgraduate School. Between college and graduate school I flew as a helicopter pilot for the US Navy. After graduate school I worked on a staff as an air operations officer, and then helped manage test and evaluation efforts on a few of the Navy's unmanned aircraft (some call them "drones" but I like to stay away from that term, if I can).
United States Naval Academy
Naval Postgraduate School
David is patient and has the nicest way of speaking to my daughter. He is very knowledgeable and has been a huge help!
My son likes working with them it feels like hes understanding the subject better
My son enjoys working with him
David has been consistently an excellent tutor on AP Physics for my daughter. Thank you!