MATH EXPERT! for Math subjects and Standardized Tests
ONLINE and IN-PERSON.
Available 7 days a week.
Online slots available include 10:30 PM EST, (7:30 PM PST).
Rate for Calculus is $45 per hour.
I'm an alumnus of Tougaloo College (Mississippi), where I majored in mathematics/computer science. I graduated with a 3.89 cumulative GPA (summa cum laude, class valedictorian). During high school, I scored in the 97th percentile on the military ASVAB exam. I recently scored the maximum (200) on the Praxis core math exam. My subject expertise includes (but is not limited to) college algebra, calculus, pre-calculus, geometry, trigonometry, algebra (1, 2, & 3), financial Algebra, integrated math, finite math, statistics, and standardized test preparation. Students regularly request my services when preparing for the math sections of the PRAXIS, ACT, SAT, PSAT, GED, GRE, SSAT, ISEE, HSPT, ASVAB, and HSA exams.
PREFERRED LOCATIONS: Bowie Public Libraries; Panera Bread (Bowie Town Center, Vista Gardens Marketplace), Wegman's (Woodmore Town Center); Bowie State Library, local residences in Bowie.
PRIVATE RESIDENCE TUTORING:
Location of neighboring sessions determine whether I can provide in-home service. Residence must be within 7 miles of Bowie (few exceptions). Someone 18 or over must be home. In-home tutoring is available to residents in Bowie, Largo, Glenn Dale, Upper Marlboro (within 1 mile of Rt 214 .). Online is an option for distant clients. I do not drive during snow emergencies, and avoid driving during rush hour traffic.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM ME:
- My best effort and honest opinions
- I work efficiently and effectively ... not a time-waster.
- I only tutor math related subjects and Math sections of exams
- Someone who is patient, intelligent, prompt, fair, caring, and friendly
- Someone who will provide free links online to support the lessons covered, and any weaknesses of the student discovered during sessions.
- Text notification is sent if I will arrive late
- Students math knowledge and reasoning skills will be noticeably improved, if they are committed to listening, learning, and following my advice
- When receiving a rating that is less than the max, expect me to inquire about what I can do to receive a higher rating in the future. I set the bar high for myself as well as for my students.
WHAT NOT TO EXPECT FROM ME:
- Free tutoring services.
- A mind reader... Please be clear about what you expect from me.
- To work with clients who don't believe a 5-star rating is attainable.
- To continue services, to my own detriment ... (unjustifiably low ratings)
- No Alternating slots ... "Weekly" means once per week ... not every other week, not once a month.
- I do not reserve slots more than 10 days in advance, for new clients.
- When the school year ends, so does your weekly slot (unless summer service is requested)
- Your child's grade will not improve from "E" to "A" overnight.
- A miracle. If your child has failed for most of the school term, you shouldn't expect that a few hours of tutoring one day before the final, will produce an "A" on the final exam.
- To work with clients who are (1) always late, (2) provide little or no notice when canceling, (3) cancel repeatedly, (4) habitual time-wasters.
- In-home tutoring when no one 18 or older is home.
- Unreal expectations. A complete semester review, or several missed homework assignments, cannot be completed in a 1 hour session.
- To immediately know how to do EVERY math problem presented, though I will try my best.
I PREFER NOT TO WORK WITH CLIENTS WHO ARE:
- Expecting the tutor (alone) to turn things around
- Dishonest, Rude; Disrespectful; Annoying
- Unappreciative, Unreasonable, Argumentative;
- Always prioritizing everything else above tutoring
- Canceling frequently
- Unable or unwilling to provide reasonable and fair justification on ratings
WHAT DO I EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Please be on time. Text me if running late.
- 1 hour is the minimal session length billed. Longer time billed for distant travels
- 12 hours advance notice, when cancelling
- Please be honest, respectful, and fair in your ratings and reviews.