Hi, I'm Steven. I love chemistry and biology, and I have a passion for teaching and mentoring others. I want to help you demystify and simplify difficult subject matter into easy, relatable terms. My goal is to motivate you to achieve your potential via customized, cooperative learning so that you can get the highest grade possible!
I have spent years studying this material, discovering new and simplified perspectives, and teaching these tricks and nuances to others.
I have 4.5 years experience with private individualized tutoring as well as content review-driven group tutoring. I provide customized guidance/instruction with emphasis on conceptualization and problem-solving.
<><><> Summary of Qualifications: <><><>
• 4.0 in Post-Baccalaureate pre-medical science program at Pace University (New York, NY), with focus on biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics.
• Possess 2 Bachelor’s Degrees from Emory University (Atlanta, GA)
• 86th percentile on the science-based MCAT exam (for medical school admission)
• Lead Science Tutor for the Pace Tutoring Center
• Chemistry Seminar Instructor/Peer Leader and Teaching Assistant
• Award-winning lab researcher in 2 self-designed chemistry/biochemistry studies
<><><> Services Offered: <><><>
• I primarily offer one-on-one or group tutoring in Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, and/or Biology.
• Also able to assist with math, physics, computer programming. Other subjects available upon request.
• Also assist with exam preparation: SAT I, SAT II, AP exams, or MCAT.
<><><> How I Tutor: <><><>
I provide customized, cooperative guidance/instruction with emphasis on conceptualization and problem-solving.
I am able to:
• Provide customized lesson plans
• Assist with homework problems
• Walk you through your assignments
• Motivate and help you study science effectively
• Tackle/understand difficult lectures in simple, relatable terms
• Prepare for an exam (including midterms and finals)
The goal is to help you get a handle on and even master difficult subject matter. (And perhaps have fun doing it!)
High School and College welcome.
I have flexible hours and am willing to help you remotely (online, FaceTime/Skype, or phone). I can also meet you in Fairfield County, Westchester County, or NYC.
*** There is no greater satisfaction to me than seeing a student understand and succeed. ***
Pace University - New York
Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Curriculum [Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physics, Research]
Dean’s List – First Honors (GPA: 4.0)
Associate of the Society of Fellows of Dyson College of Arts and Sciences (honor society)
Award for Best Presentation in the Physical Sciences (Pace University Research)