How to Apply for the Scholarship Program:
- Write a creative nonfiction essay describing how working with a tutor changed your life. It can be a current tutor, or a past tutor. Be sure to include the subject and use the following title: "How my <subject> tutor changed my life."
- Submit your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31 for Fall Term or by June 30 for Spring Term.
- We’re looking for well-written and compelling stories. You can apply once per scholarship term. You can apply again in later terms, but your story must be different each time you apply.
- Your scholarship application must include the following:
- Term: <e.g. Spring 202x>
- Subject: <e.g. Math or Nursing or Learning Challenge>
- School: <name of school>
- Name: <First, Last>
- Phone: <xxx-xxx-xxxx>
- Email: <your email address>
- HeyTutor leadership selects winners from each subject category using a rubric to ensure judging consistency. We’re looking for well-written compelling (and true) stories that we can share on our website. You do not have to be a HeyTutor customer to win, but you do have to have a story to tell about how working with a tutor impacted your life in a positive way.
- If you win…
- HeyTutor will reach out to you by January 30 (for Fall) or June 30 (for Spring).
- HeyTutor retains the right to publish all entries on heytutor.com, and may edit as needed before publishing.
- HeyTutor may ask you for a quote about what winning the scholarship means to you
- If possible, we would like to contact your tutor as well and ask them for a quote
- If possible, HeyTutor and your school may release a joint announcement or press release celebrating your success.
How will applications
Our team will manually review each essay/application submitted and list the winner on this page on the announcement date.