Hi, I’m Laura! I’m a full-time middle school teacher in NYC with more than 8 years of experience in education. I have a proven history of student achievement with a wide variety of learners, and I look forward to the opportunity to help your student grow academically as well. I’m diligent, reliable, and most importantly enthusiastic about lifelong learning!
A little more about me:
• I’ve been extensively trained in Common Core (English Language Arts & Mathematics) as well as Next Generation Science standards.
• I have a Master’s degree in Special Education and work with students with a variety of learning disabilities, including Autism-spectrum disorder, ADHD, dyslexia, emotional disturbance, and many more…
• I’m trained in multi-sensory intervention for struggling readers through Orton-Gillingham, a research-proven method of literacy.
• I’m bilingual in Spanish – I’m adept at using students’ native language skills to reinforce their English acquisition.
• I have classroom experience in ALL subject areas (Mathematics, English, Science, and Social Studies), but Math is my specialty.
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Spanish Literature & Sociology
City College of New York of the City University of New York, The
Special Education (7 - 12) with Bilingual Extension
Michigan Scholar Award