Hello Students and Parents,
My name is Michael. I obtained a Ph.D. in Finance from Rice University and now work as a Finance Professor at a university. I have been tutoring finance, economics, maths, statistics, and Mandarin Chinese for around 9 years since 2011.
The age group of my student is from 16 to 50 years old and ranges from high school to college and to graduate school (particularly MBA, master of economics, master of finance, and Ph.D. students). I have tutored in a total of around 110 students. My students' average grade in the class is A (many came from C before they came to me), and many got admitted into prestigious colleges and graduate schools. Many others got really good professional jobs in finance companies.
I provide excellent tutoring services to my students. I have extensive teaching experience in the following subjects:
* Business and Economics: Finance, Accounting, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics
* Maths: Algebra I, II, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics, Probability, Geometry, etc.
* Programming: SAS, Stata
* Language: Mandarin Chinese
Here are my credentials:
* I major in Finance in my Ph.D. pursuit and it goes without says that my math and statistics is excellent. Moreover, math, statistics and econometrics are the fundamental research tools I use in my daily research.
* My Ph.D. major is finance, which means that I have a deep understanding of business, economics, accounting, and particularly in finance. I am at the frontier of these subjects since these are the fields I do research every day. I have tutored numerous MBA, Ph.D., Master of Finance, Master of accounting, and Master of Economics students in their respective coursework.
* I use SAS and Stata to conduct my research every day, so I'm proficient in such programming languages.
* Mandarin Chinese is my native language, and all my students can speak and read Mandarin very well.
Any student who tutor with me, our goal is not only to get an A in class, but also to fully understand all the materials in the course, and know how to apply them. I don't just show you how to do the problem, I try to help you or your child understand the subject so you can use that information and skills and become independent of me or any other tutor. Moreover, I teach each student efficient learning methods, time management, and organization skills, as there are so many things going on in school and life.
The reason that I am so good at tutoring is not only because of my credentials and solid background but because of my passion for tutoring and my patience. I greatly enjoy tutoring, and I find teaching very rewarding. I like working with the young generation and sharing knowledge with them.
Typically I choose the teaching method that suits each individual student the best, based on their learning abilities and goals. For example, for students that need concepts to be broken down into pieces, I have great patience and explain the terms or formulas slowly and use a daily example to compare with them until they understand. For students that think and understand very fast, I do a lot of practice with them to sharpen their skills and throw out difficult and tricky questions to test their understanding. I also have quite a few experiences tutoring students with learning disabilities such as dyslexia, ADHD, etc. I worked with them quite well, and I am familiar with how to engage them in the studies and the best ways to teach them.
In addition to tutoring, I also like outdoor activities, such as hiking and swimming.
Feel free to contact me to schedule an appointment. I would be happy to nail the study with you together. Looking forward to meeting you!