Bachelor’s Degree in English: Lewis University, Romeoville, IL, minor in Theology.
Masters of Science in English Education: Iona College, New Rochelle, NY.
Masters in Administration: St. Xavier University, Chicago, IL
1970-1979 Br. Rice High School, Bloomfield Hills, MI
- Taught English, Religion, Journalism, Novel and Short Story, Speech, Film Study
- Moderated Newspaper, Yearbook
- Directed and produced eleven musicals and plays and founded the Marian-Rice Players.
1979-1987 Br. Rice High School, Chicago, IL
- Taught English and Theology - Moderated Mothers’ Club, NHS
- Assistant Principal / Dean of Faculty Supervised and evaluated 82 faculty and staff regularly.
-Founded FOCUS Program for underachieving students
- Initiated tenured faculty evaluation cycle - Served on the Chicago Archdiocesan Committee for
Two years to choose an achievement test for all the schools there.
1987 - 1996 Director of Education of the Ten Christian Brothers’ Schools in the Western American Province.
- Established Lay-Boards of Directors, By-Laws and Handbooks for ten schools as well as being the
Congregational representative on all of their Boards.
- Chaired the Board of Damien Memorial High School in Honolulu, HI, for six years.
- Was a member of the O’Dea Board for nine years.
- Established the now on-going Called & Gifted Retreat for board and faculty members as well as
the Interlink program to annually share educational resources in our schools across the Province.
1989 Published an article entitled “National Merit Qualifying Test Results” in the Clearing House for the Contemporary Education in Middle and Secondary Schools Journal.
1996 - 2002 Principal/President of Br. Rice High School, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan.
- Brought the annual budget which was in great deficit to a zero based balance within four years.
- Introduced an Engineering Program into the curriculum
- Built an Activities Center including a Band Room, state-of-the-art Weight Training facility and a
Multi- Purpose Room.
- Began the school’s participation in the National High School Robotics Program, FIRST!
- Helped to introduce student-centered liturgies.
- Introduced technology into the classrooms and into the Media Center and provided each teacher
his/her own laptop.
- Acted as President in the last years to raise over one million dollars to fund some of the latter projects
mentioned above and to re-configure a land locked property to add a regulation size Lacrosse field
and expand the parking facilities.
- Br. Rice became noted State-wide for its Student/Parent Program.
- Taught one class of English III honors.
2001-2004 Assistant Principal (Dean of Faculty): O’Dea High School, Seattle, WA
2004-2006 English Teacher De La Salle High School Warren, Michigan
2007-2008 Principal St Dennis Grade School Royal Oak, MI