AutoCAD is a computer-aided drafting software program used to create blueprints for buildings, bridges, and computer chips, among other things. Discover how AutoCAD is used by drafters and other professionals. Do you need to learn a drafting software? Working with an AutoCAD Tutor can help give you significant skills for your area of study, or your career move. While drafters work in a number of specialties, the five most common specialization areas are as follows: mechanical, architectural, civil, electrical, and electronics. Interested? An AutoCAD mentor can help you explore any of these options while learning the system.
- Mechanical drafters prepare plans for machinery and mechanical devices.
- Architectural drafters draw up plans for residential and commercial buildings.
- Civil drafters draw up plans for use in the design and building of roadways, bridges, sewer systems, and other major projects.
- Electrical drafters work with electricians to prepare diagrams of wiring electrical system layouts.
- Electronics drafters also prepare wiring diagrams for use in the making, installing, and repairing of electronic gadgets.