The Otis-Lennon School Ability Test, also known as the OLSAT, is a multiple-choice test commonly used in the U.S. to identify gifted children. Schools often use the OLSAT as a tool for admissions into schools and programs for gifted and talented children or to measure scholastic achievement across all ages. Tests like these can create an immense amount of stress for your child. It seems that students these days have so many factors and challenges rooting against them. Even outside of the classroom students have to worry self-esteem especially when facing things like bullying, self-image, and peer pressure. All of these are in addition to the insecurities they hold with getting the best grades on tests, homework, and holding up to the other expectations of universities. With these factors weighing your child down it makes sense to have an OLSAT Tutor rooting for them. Kids are so eager to please their parents that often times they shy away from communicating what it is that they are struggling with. A Private tutor can make the time to get to know your child on a different level which makes for a safe place that opens-up the lines of communication. Having someone they could confide in makes for less feelings bottled up, and the tutors can mentor your child into making the best decisions both academically and personally. A great tutor can:
- Help your child prep for the any areas they are struggling in giving practice exams to relieve test anxiety.
- They can also give them tools to use to help calm stress before and during the exam.
- They provide lessons to prepare your child with math questions that will show up on the exam so the actual test will feel more familiar.
- Tutors will also review any concepts that your child may not have understood when previously taught
- They will teach your child how to approach problems differently during the exam saving them time and struggle during this timed test.